Behind the Glow (BTG): Mellisa (Social)
In Behind the Glow (BTG), we will be introducing the KHOHA team! Meet Mellisa from our Social team:
"My name is Mellisa Mulia and I'm a double major in psychology and media studies! I love Patrick Star and want to own a cat (or dog) some day."
What is your typical beauty/skincare routine?
- I'm still figuring out what works for my dry, combo skin but currently my routine is: Cleanser (AM/PM)— Kravebeauty's Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser. SUPER hydrating yet leaves my face feeling refreshed and cleaned.
- Lightweight Cream (AM/PM)— IUNIK's Centella Calming Gel Cream. Filled my goodies! Also helps my blemishes and acne.
- Serum (AM/PM)— KHOHA's REJUVENATE Hydrating Serum + IUNIK's Tea Tree Relief Serum (helps my blemishes and active acne).
- Heavyweight Cream (PM)— The Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%. Brightens up my complexion and leaves my skin feeling soft.
- Moisturizer (AM/PM)— The Ordinary's NMF + HA. Dries non-sticky and greasy, a reliable product.
- Sunscreen (AM)— Krave Beauty's The Beet Shield. No white-cast, super thin (doesn't feel anything like sunscreen).
- Depending if I'm too oily one day, I opt out of the heavyweight cream and moisturizer.
What/who is your beauty inspo?
I'm all about supporting both big and small influencers. As a result, there are too many people to name. Essentially, anyone who is passionate about beauty and skincare is an inspiration to me!
What do you do to self-care?
To self-care, I like to read or binge-watch a series! Since quarantine, I have been trying to make more time to read and get back into some young adult favorites. I'm currently reading Twilight for the fun of it but my favorite authors of all time are Rick Riordan and Marissa Meyer! I also love brewing a cup of tea at night, and settling down to watch gaming videos that pop up in my feed or binge watch a new series.
What's your favorite thing about working with KHOHA?
Besides the people, my favorite thing about working with KHOHA is that I have full creative freedom and a supportive environment to explore in. As a designer, this is a great opportunity to try new styles while also supporting a small business. I have also learned a great deal about photo editing, marketing tactics, and have even taken a stab at illustrating— all the while enjoying the collaboration process with my friends.